Playlist of the Week

If you haven't see the latest exhibit Artists Respond: American Art and the Vietnam war,1965-1975, I definitely recommend seeing it as grim as some of the images seen in the exhibit which includes a photo from the infamous My Lai massacre. The exhibit runs through January.  I have seen the exhibit twice already and plan on seeing it one more time. I don't know if I can say that I "love" the exhibit but it does make me think and reflect especially since I am from Vietnam and born just several months prior to the fall of Saigon.  I do think it is worth paying to see. To go with the exhibit, Minneapolis Institute of Art created a Spotify playlist featuring (protest) music during the war. What would be an interesting idea is to listen to this playlist while walking through the exhibit, using the music as a soundtrack to the exhibit. It would be ideal for background music while viewing the art work in the exhibit.

Comments

Popular Posts