What I have been listening to this past week

Today I made a trip to the Electric Fetus and bought some new music (Bat For Lashes's Lost Girls, Cyndi Lauper's The Essential Cyndi Lauper, and Lush's Ciao! The Best of Lush). I haven't gotten to the Lush album yet but I have already listened to Cyndi's album and now on Bat for Lashes album. If you haven't heard the new Bat For Lashes album, I certainly recommend giving it a listen.

My taste in music this week has been all over the place. I decided to listen to some music I have neglected over the months or years like The Muffs (RIP Kim Shattuck, Emmon, Dessa, and the Dum Dum Girls). I feel bad for the way I neglect some of my music collection. I need to give my other cds more playtime either at home or at work. I hate admitting to this but I think Noire is VNV Nations' weakest album to date. After not listening to it for a few months, I gave it another listen. Yep, it is boring. Sorry folks but that album just wasn't very good.

In a previous blog post I have mentioned that I have started on my own version of Pitchfork's 200 best albums of the 2010s. Update: I am now have just over 100 albums on my list. I'll probably will post the list sometime this coming week (hopefully).

I recently discovered that the show Forensic Files is now available to listen to in podcast form. I have been binging on that show for the past week and a half. It is as addicting as Dateline NBC.

Albums:


















































Playlists:








Podcasts:












Comments

Popular Posts