My current favorite songs of the week

Happy Friday!  For me, I have a nice long three day weekend because I am seeing Heart and Joan Jett on Sunday night so I took Monday off to sleep off, that and my dentist appointment on Monday morning. LOL! Speaking of the Heart and Joan Jett and The Blackhearts show, I listened to quite a bit of Heart and Joan Jett this past week which shows on my playlist. I admit I have soft spot for Heart's music from the late '80s/early '90s but I do dig a lot of their '70s hard rock classics. Also looking forward to seeing Sleater-Kinney on Tuesday night. Love their new album although I can completely understand why Janet Weiss left the band.

The rest of my playlist is all over the place. Love the new song by Cigarettes After Sex. Very mellow dreampop. The new edition of Vikings Chant by SKALD is really good with the addition of some cover songs like "Riders On The Storm". When I first heard Gully Boys last year, I wasn't all that impressed but I recently decided to give them another shot. This time around, I found myself enjoying their music quite a bit. I am particularly fond of "Dizzy Romantics". Have some older tracks by Dead Can Dance, Blume, Delta Rae, and White Lies on this week's playlist. Definitely a mixed bag.

Songs to check out:
"Falling in Love" by Cigarettes After Sex
"Riders On the Storm" by SKALD
"Dizzy Romantics" by Gully Boys
"Kids In The Dark" by Bat For Lashes

Comments

Popular Posts