I thought now would be a good time to share with my readers my ten favorite bands at the moment. I have posted links to their FB and Spotify pages for anyone who is interested in checking out their music.
01. Corde Oblique - This is a Mediterranean folk project by Riccardo Prencipe. I discovered Corde Oblique via Thomas Rainer (Nachtmahr/L'Ame Immortelle) on Facebook. I was quite taken by the video clip I saw and I started out checking out Riccardo's music online. I was hooked. You can hear Corde Oblique's music here.
02. Keep Shelly in Athens - Excellent downtempo/electronica act from Athens, Greece. I saw them nearly two weekends ago at 7th Street Entry thanks to a good friend of mine. If you like the sounds of old Hooverphonic, I think you dig Keep Shelly in Athens. Their music is so good to not share with the world. You can listen to their music here.
03. Chad Valley - This was the other band I saw with Keep Shelly in Athens at 7th Street Entry. I was totally blown away by their brand of dance music. Their sound is a good mix of retro and modern dance music. Chad Valley on Spotify
04. Butcher Babies - My favorite metal band at the moment. I was jamming to Goliath today at work. Their album just keeps getting better and better every time I listen to it. Butcher Babies on Spotify.
05. The Bellwether Syndicate - I have been listening to TBS's Night Watch EP a lot lately, maybe because I'll be seeing them come 11/9 at Ground Zero. Here is the event for the show. Check 'em out. They kick ass. The Bellwether Syndicate on Spotify.
06. Amduscia - Lately I have been listening to old Amduscia at home and at work. Right now I am particularly fond of their album Madness in Abyss. I think that has to be one of the best aggrotech/industrial albums I have heard in years. It is so up there with Unter Null's The Failure Epiphany which in my book is a total classic and what for me should aggrotech sounds like. There aren't many albums in that genre as good as The Failure Epiphany, but now I can add Madness in Abyss (along with Implements of Hell by Suicide Commando). Don't get me wrong the latest albums by Amduscia in the last few years and since Edgar's untimely passing are good but I find myself liking their earlier albums so much more. Amduscia on Spotify.
07. Ego Likeness - Another band I am so amped up to see live next month therefore been listening their music quite a bit. Here is the official event for the show. Ego Likeness on Spotify.
08. Natalia Kills - I have to admit I have been enjoying the new album Trouble quite a bit. It's not a perfect pop album. There are a few real turkeys on the album but for the most part it is an enjoyable pop album. Natalia Kills on Spotify.
09. Cylab - Been on a Cylab kick lately. They are one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time. Check 'em out. Cylab on Spotify.
10. Syrian - The band's latest album Death of a Sun is one of my favorite synthpop releases of 2013. It is so catchy. If catchy synthpop is right up your alley, go take a listen to their music. I think their music in general is really good. Syrian on Spotify.