Some food for thought: My open letter to anyone thinking of writing an open letter to a certain pop princess

To any musicians thinking of penning an open letter to a certain pop star:

I wish I didn't have to write this letter but I was really left with no option when I read this article. This is what broke this camel's back. I don't know about but I have just had about my fill of reading open letters from you to She Who Shall Not Be Named. In case you don't know who I am referring to, please read this blog entry that I wrote last week.

I think by now most of mankind is pretty fed up with She Who Shall Not Be Named and her antics. That's a given. Her public behavior is pretty childish but even more so the amount of criticism she is receiving. A lot of the criticism I am seeing is downright nasty. It is uncalled for. She is only 20 years old and is at an age of where she still is growing up. I know I was still growing up at that age. I did my fair share of crap when I was 20. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have done the shit I have done but I can't turn back time and change it. She Who Shall Not Be Named certainly deserves some criticism like how she should NOT be gyrating up against a married man on stage on tv as she did for the MTV lameass VMAs. Given how young she is, She Who Shall Not Be Named is just loaded with attitude and is going to continue to essentially say "fuck you" while reveling in the attention she is receiving for her behavior. My solution? IGNORE her. Don't write an open letter to her. Look how well that played out for Sinead O'Connor. I liked her first letter but as soon as you know who responded, it all went down hill for me.

She Who Shall Not Be Named may be in the headlines right now but I reckon in 5-10 years we will all be saying "WHO?" when her name is brought up on an episode of Jeopardy. She may be obnoxiously annoying but eventually fame fades away especially those who really don't show a lot for their so-called "singing talent" and relies mostly on look at me stunts like the VMAs and an awful video involving a wrecking ball.

I know it is tempting to write an open letter to you know who but in the end it will only fuel her drive to promote her crap ass album. So please...DON'T write an open letter to She Who Shall Not Be Named. The trend has worn out its welcome

Yours truly,

A fed up blogger and music fan

Comments

Popular Posts