Some food for thought: I love bandcamp

Last week I started streaming music off bandcamp while at work. I have been finding some interesting music off the website. Tonight I finally created a personal page on it, you can find me here. Today I decided to buy the CD If All Now Here by Feathers off bandcamp because I just adore the album and I needed to show my support for the band, which lead me to decide that I needed a bandcamp account. I absolutely freaking love this album.

The comparisons to Depeche Mode is spot on especially the track "Believe" except with female vocals. I also can hear Marsheaux and Ladytron in Feathers' music.

Today I came across the new Third Realm album Daydreams and Nightmares. I was really impressed by the material on the album. I really enjoyed the album. I definitely recommend checking it out.


Another really good album I heard today is How Cold is the Sun by Dark Matter.

The music is a mix of darkwave and ambient music. Very sinister and bleak. I really don't listen to a lot of darkwave/ambient music since I have to be in the right frame of mood. I really liked what I heard right from the get go.

I am really having fun exploring bandcamp and discovering new music. I am finding it a lot easier to discover new music than my usual channel (i.e Youtube). I'll still use YouTube but bandcamp is my go to for finding new music. In the past week of exploring bandcamp, I am finding my musical tastes are evolving. I am finding that I want to try to broaden my musical tastes and not just stick to EBM/Futurepop/Industrial/synthpop the music I listen to on a regular basis. So far I am finding great success in doing so. For anyone bitching and moaning about the "lack of good music", I really think signing up with bandcamp is the way to go. Sure beats coming off as a whiny little asshole.

Comments

Popular Posts