My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! It has been a very good week music wise for me. On Monday night I saw the bands ACTORS, Autumn (US band), and The Bellwether Syndicate at The Nomad. That was an amazing show. All the bands put on an excellent live set. I have included songs by all three bands on this week's playlist.

I have been on a Blutengel kick this week after hearing their new EP Demons of The Past. I also put together a new Blutengel playlist. I have included a few tracks off the new EP. My personal favorite track is "Here Comes the Rain Again". I love it when Ulrike gets to sing a song solo. She does a fantastic job on the Eurythmics song.

Yesterday I was listening to the podcast Alt.Latino from NPR and on the latest episode which was about Lila Downs, a Mexican-American artist. I got to hear samples of her new album Al Chile. I immediately fell in love with the album. Might have to make a trek down to The Electric Fetus to see if they have the album in stock.  My current favorite song from the album is "Dos Botellas de Mezcal".

I think BTS's music is starting to grow on me however I do think their songs tend to sound way too much the same. Very repetitious IMO. I honestly prefer the KPop sounds of BLACKPINK. The women have a lot more energy and the songs have much more memorable hooks than what I have heard with BTS's music.

Songs to check out:
"Nornalagio" by Kaelan Mikla
"Face Meets Glass" by ACTORS
"Here Comes the Rain Again" by Blutengel
"Republik" by The Bellwether Syndicate
"At Summer's End" by Autumn (US band)
"Stay" by BLACKPINK
"Dos Botellas de Mezcal" by Lila Downs

Comments

Popular Posts