What I am currently listening to

This week has been very good for music especially today because I made a trip to the record store. I ended up picking up some new music by Hante. (darkwave/postpunk), Alicia Olatuja (jazz), and Lila Downs (Mexican-American folk music). I initially went to the Electric Fetus with the intention of buying the new Lila Downs album Al Chile which I did find. I also ended up leaving the store with Fierce and Intentions: Songs From the Minds of Women. I first heard Lila Downs' new album Thursday or Friday on the podcast Alt.Latino and was immediately hooked on the music. I already heard the new Hante. album but I always wanted to buy a physical copy. I got lucky today and found the one copy in the CD racks.As for Alicia Olatuja's album, I bought it on a whim because she covers songs by Tracy Chapman and Sade which piqued my curiosity. You can read more about Alicia here.

It is too bad the new Blutengel EP is not available on CD, I would gladly pay for a copy.

Discovered a couple of new post-punk bands this week Bootblacks and GOLD. If you are looking for some new music to listen to, I certainly recommend those two bands (as well as everyone else featured here).

Been listening to a lot of ACTORS and Autumn this week since I saw both bands live this past Monday. I had to take a hiatus from Chandelier for a few months because I had overdosed on it but after a break, I still love the album. If you haven't heard It Will Come To You, I definitely would recommend giving it a listen.

Albums:
































Playlists:








Podcasts:
The Unofficial Expert with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin
Jemele Hill is Unbothered
The Cheryl Reeve Show
Fake the Nation
Good Food with Evan Kleinman
Alt.Latino

Comments

Popular Posts