Taste of Iceland at the Fine Line 05.03.2019

Last night, I went to the Fine Line for a free concert for Taste of Iceland. I was there to see Mammut and my personal favorite band Kaelan Mikla. Sorry but I left after Mammut's set, it had been a long day for me and I was ready to crash so I left before the local band The Bad Man went on stage.

I have to confess I wasn't expecting for Kaelan Mikla to ever make a trek to the US, let alone Minnesota. When I heard about this show a few weeks ago, I was really stunned but excited about the show. I couldn't believe it was free too. It was a fun show. As expected, Kaelan Mikla were great live and did not disappoint me one bit. They made some new fans in the audience whom I think a lot were there only because it was a free event. There were some Dark Energy people there too but I think they were outnumbered by the clueless, unsuspecting locals. What I wasn't expecting was  how kick ass Mammut, the other band from Iceland. They put on a highly entertaining live show. I hope for both bands to come back in the near future. I can totally see Dark Energy putting on a show with  Kaelan Mikla. Their brand of post-punk/darkwave is right up their alley.














Comments

Popular Posts