Album of the week

For some odd reason, I had a sudden urge to listen to the soundtrack to one of my favorite Satoshi Kon films Paprika (composed by Susumu Hirasawa) which came out in 2006 prior to Satoshi's passing (RIP). It is one of my personal favorite anime films. I have included a trailer for the film underneath the album. The film is strangely weird yet wonderful at the same time. I love that the film crosses the line between reality and virtual reality. Visual eye candy for me like the two Ghost in the Shell films (the animated ones, not that live action mess with Scarlett Johanssen). The soundtrack to the film by Susumu Hirasawa really propels the film's weirdness with its quirky sounds. I remember first seeing the film over a decade ago and later ordering the soundtrack online because the music left a huge impression on me. If you haven't viewed Paprika it is available for streaming although you have to pay to rent it on Google Play and Amazon Prime for a few bucks. It is so worth the money though for all its mindbending images and delightfully confusing storyline.



Comments

Popular Posts