My current favorite songs of the week

Happy Friday! It is that time again when I post my weekly playlist of my current favorite songs. This week's mix is a anything but boring. To say this mix diverse is a gross understatement ;).

Most of the week I have spent listening to hip hop music from Vietnam and China. Leave it to the Asians to make hip hop a lot more interesting for a casual listener. Yeah I don't understand a lick of Vietnamese and Chinese but I am not really bothered by the language barrier. Really digging the sounds of Queen of hip hop in Vietnam Suboi. Her 2010 album Walk has been getting lots of streaming from me this week. I saw on a YouTube clip of an interview with Suboi she had to walk away from music because she lost rights to her music and had to start up her own label.

Another  rap artist I love is the Chinese MC Miss Ko. Her album Queen of Queens (the English translation) is dope. I discovered her through Spotify (just like Suboi) on a playlist of Chinese female MCs.  I so recommend giving Suboi and Miss Ko a listen.

This week my copy of The Rope's new album Lillian arrived in the mail. Definitely one of the best albums I have heard in 2019 and easily one of my favorite albums to come out of the Minneapolis music scene.

Drab Majesty has a new album out but to be honest I got bored halfway through the album while at work today. The boredom is probably due to the fact that I was bored at work and was ready to bolt out of the office for the weekend. LOL! The first few tracks are quite good but as the album progressed on the music started sounding the same to me. I definitely will listen to it again when I am in the right mood.

Still love the new Mondtraume album. Current favorite song is "Nothing".

Songs to check out:

"Girls Night (feat. Ho Ngoc Ha)" by Suboi
"Mot Nha" by Da Lab
"Cish Cash" by Basement Jaxx feat. Siouxsie Sioux
"Gravity" by The Rope
"Nothing" by Mondtraume
"One" by Karencici
 "Purpose" by Tuimi feat. Gizmo
"Adios ayer" by Jose Padilla

Comments

Popular Posts