Playlist of the week

Over the weekend, I went out to the Casket Arts over in NE Minneapolis for Echo Signal's album release party. I had a very good time at the show. After seeing some local music that night, I was inspired to put together a playlist of music from my favorite local bands in the present moment.  I purposely avoided the past and Prince because it would have bogged down my playlist, and to be honest, I really wanted to showcase the current music scene especially in the dark underground music scene which is virtually ignorance the local press unless Jake Rudh's name is attached (not that there isn't anything wrong with that however there is just some music that really doesn't get any noticed hence this is where I come in with my blog). The playlist consists of a good mix of post-punk, hip hop, industrial, and everything else in between. Really digging the new albums by Graveyard Club, Echo Signal, and The Rope. Those are my favorite local releases in 2019. If you haven't heard those albums, they are all on Bandcamp. Oh and I saw yesterday that the Electric Fetus has The Rope's new album Lillian in stock. I couldn't find the new Graveyard Club album at the store so I bought a copy online. I also strongly recommend also looking up Autumn's excellent 2018 album Chandelier (also on Bandcamp). Still a favorite of mine. While this playlist gives only a small glimpse into what the local goth/industrial scene sounds like, I hope the music I have included on the playlist represents the scene well.

Songs to check out:
"Red Roses" by Graveyard Club"
"At Summer's End" by Autumn
"Dying Days" by The Rope
"Heroes" by Echo Signal

Comments

Popular Posts