My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! Here is this week's playlist. I have a good mix of new and old music.

I recently discovered Nitro/Noise has a new EP out called Nn: Echoes. I loved it. Still aggressive AF. This is what Combichrist should still sound like before Andy decided to change things down a bit and become a shitty metal band (sorry not sorry, Combichrist hasn't released music that has been even remotely interesting in several years. And to be honest, another reason I dislike Combichrist or at least Andy is some of the lyrics which reeks of misogyny and he just comes off as a douche on social media too).

I wish I could say I love the new Arch Enemy compilation Covered in Blood however some of the album comes off repetitive and I have to skip songs. I do love their versions of "Shout", "Back to Back" (which is featured on this playlist), "Breaking the Law", "Shadow On the Wall", and "Symphony of Destruction".

If people haven't heard Lovers, Sinners, and Liars, I strongly recommend giving it a listen. It has been five years since their first album  Empty came out (I think it was one of my top 5 favorite albums in 2014). The long ass wait for the follow up was so worth the wait. Current favorite song: All You Cannot See.

Songs to check out:
"Third Strike" by Iris
"Hurricanes" by Dido
"Lifestyle" by Dizzy Fae
"All You Cannot See" by Mondtraume"
"Love Hate Love" by Nitro/Noise
"Different Kind of Love" by Adia Victoria
"Too Good For You" by Southern Avenue

Comments

Popular Posts