My Friday

I don't know what it was about today, maybe because I am way too cranked up for my upcoming appointment at Saint Sabrina's for my 12th tattoo (of a xenomorph) or maybe because it was Friday and pay day for me, either way I was in an unusually good mood today at work. While at work I was in a mad mood for some cheesy pop music from my youth. The day long cheesefest definitely made my work day a lot more bearable and made me a much more pleasant person to deal with. LOL!

Tonight I put together a playlist of cheesy pop songs that I listened to throughout my work day .

01. Leave a Light On by Belinda Carlisle
02. Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler
03. Solitaire by Laura Branigan
04. Who Will You Run To by Heart
05. St. Elmo's Fire by John Parr
06. What Kind of Man Would I Be by Chicago
07. If She Knew What She Wants by The Bangles
08. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship
09. Kyrie by Mr. Mister
10. Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx

Okay so The Bangles' song isn't cheesy (at least to me). I think that song really highlights the band's ability to harmonize which they did extremely well at especially when Michael Steele was still in the band. The rest is just super deliciously cheesy. One of my favorite films from my youth in the '80s has to be Footloose (I absolutely refuse to watch the remake that was made a couple of years ago). My favorite song from that film was "Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. Absolutely loved the scene the song was featured in. Another favorite film from the '80s was Mannequin, and yes I loved that uber cheesy Starship song from the film. Oh and yes, I am old (i.e will be 40 in September) if I was old enough to have seen those films in the movie theater ;). This morning I had this odd urge to listen to some Laura Branigan music. I don't know where that came from but I listened to some of her songs this morning. "Solitaire" has always been my favorite Laura Branigan song. Of all the Richard Marx song, I do love me some "Right Here Waiting". Super cheesy but I love that song and without any apologies. Ditto with "St.Elmo's Fire".

I have to admit it was nice listening to music that I normally don't listen to every day at work. It really helped take off some of the edge that comes with working with a bunch of batshit crazy, middle aged, and/or post-menopausal women. I definitely need to do that more often.

Comments

Popular Posts