Record Store Day 2014

Another record store day has come and gone for me. I hit my two usual record stores today which is the Electric Fetus and Cheapo Records. I bought about a half dozen CDs today. I am definitely ready for a week of overtime at the office next week. Yay. Not. Here is what I ended up buying today:

Depeche Mode: Black Celebration


Depeche Mode: Ultra


Anette Olzon: Shine


Chelsea Wolfe: Pain is Beauty


Veruca Salt: Eight Arms to Hold You


Goldfrapp: Supernature


Amanda Ghost: Ghost Stories


I say today was a pretty succesful haul ;).

I recently heard the new solo album by ex-Nightwish Anette Olzon and totally dug what I heard so buying that album was a necessary one. While I thought she wasn't the right vocalist for Nightwish, I think she really found her niche as a solo artist. Her vocals are more suited to pop/rock which her album Shine is.

 Chelsea Wolfe is a new discovery for me so while at the Electric Fetus this morning, I bought her new album Pain is Beauty. That album totally blew me away. It is so good.

In honor of the upcoming Veruca Salt show in July, I bought their album Eight Arms to Hold You. I just love their song "Volcano Girls".

For some odd reason, I have been craving some Depeche Mode so I bought two DM albums for my music collection Ultra and Black Celebration. The same can be said about the Goldfrapp and Amanda Ghost albums.


Comments

Popular Posts