Album of the Week: III by Erotic Elk

Thank heavens that last night's issues with Spotify was just one night and I didn't have to worry about finding a replacement segment to write about had the server issue continued today.

For this week's pick for Album of the Week, I chose the 2015 album III by Erotic Elk, the third album by the Swedish synthpop duo featuring Fredrick Sigeback and Tomas Gustafsson. I forgot how I discovered the band. Probably though youtube knowing me and my ability to find new music. it was a couple of years ago when I discovered the band. It wasn't until last year that I found out about their most recent album III when I found their cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" on youtube. Over the weekend I finally got around to listening to the album. If you like bands such as Neuroticfish and Apoptygma Berzerk (circa 7, Welcome to Earth and Harmonizer), you definitely would enjoy Erotic Elk. The song "Seal the Moment" makes me think of Apop. It is one of my personal favorite tracks. Without a doubt, the name of the band is pretty unforgettable, if not hilarious but what you should pay attention to is the music. The music is so damn good. I have no idea how this band slipped under my radar for the past few years but I definitely will be following them more closely. Their music is simply too good to keep to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts