Earworm of the week

This week I have been on a major Kirlian Camera kick. My copy of their new album Hologram Moon  finally arrived in the mail this week so I have been really enjoying it but I also have been listening to their other albums. The album that got me into the band's music was their 2011 release Nightglory. The title track quickly got my undivided attention but it was their cover of the classic Ultravox song "Hymn" that solidified my fandom over their music. I love the pace of the song. It has a nice slow burn to it, and of course gotta love Elena's vocals. Elena's voice is so powerful, she gives the song an emotional depth that I don't hear in the original.

I can hardly believe it has been seven years since Nightglory was released. I still listen to it quite a bit, at least once a week. If you haven't listened to Nightglory or Kirlian Camera's music in general, I strongly recommend it. Their music is so good.

Comments

Popular Posts