Playlist of the week

For the past few days I have been under the weather. Yesterday I was just out of it and was not up to blogging. This weekend I didn't have the energy to create a new playlist. My apologies to my readers. I didn't have fun this weekend coughing up my lungs or having absolutely no energy except to go make myself some food or use the restroom.

For this week's playlist, I chose my playlist of Autumn's music which consists of their first two albums The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath, and their new single "The Fall" which includes an previously unheard track "Before and After", and a killer remix of "The Fall" by William Faith [of The Bellwether Syndicate/Faith and the Muse] since the band will be releasing their third album Chandelier on Valentine's Day.

I have been a fan of Autumn when they opened up for Faith and the Muse at Ground Zero in 2009. At that time the band had parted ways but did put on one last show (before getting back together in 2014).  That was a great performance.

As much as I love the new albums by Kirlian Camera and Psy'Aviah, and have been looking forward to their releases, I would have to say Chandelier is my most anticipated release of 2018.  I have been really digging the new single "The Fall". The remix took me by total surprise. I didn't realize how well the band's music sounded as a club remix, let alone that their music could remix but William Faith is one helluva producer, then again he did produce my favorite album The Hating Tree as well as the new album. William definitely knows what he is doing behind the mixing board. He did a fantastic, if not an amazing job at taking a darkwave/post punk song and giving it a modern sound without destroying its integrity. I love the never before heard track "Before and After".

As much as I love Return to the Breath, The Hating Tree is my favorite of the first two Autumn albums. I adore "Red, "All My Lovers", "The End of the Line", and "Lullaby for Marguerite" from that album. In the past 12 months (which has been anything but fun for me), I keep gravitating to The Hating Tree. I am not sure why but the music on the album resonates with me so much more than with Return to the Breath. I can listen to The Hating Tree from start to finish without skipping a single track. That said both albums are wonderful and deserves to be heard.


Of Moondrop Tears: My Autumn Playlist


If you don't have a spotify account, you can listen to the band's music on bandcamp (and hopefully you will download it to show the band's support):

https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/the-hating-tree-20th-anniversary-edition

https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/return-to-the-breath4

https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/the-fall-single

Comments

Popular Posts