Album of the week

For the past three days, I have been listening to the hell out of the new album self-titled album by the Swedish  band Westkust after it was released last Friday. As a big fan of shoegaze, this album hit all the right notes with me. The music is noisy with the swirling guitar riffs yet heavy on radio friendly melodies.  I like on this album it is all just Julia on vocals, no dual vocals that can be heard on the first album Last Forever . The dual vocals from Last Forever was okay however I find myself enjoying just hearing one singer on the latest album. The high energy and urgency that the band plays through out the album makes listening to Westkust a joyful experience. When the 31 minutes is over, I feel sad and I have to listen to the album again.

I am really glad I started listening to NPR's All Songs Considered otherwise I would not have known about Westkust. I may not share the same taste in music with NPR but lately the station has been on a roll with introducing new music to my ears.

Comments

Popular Posts