My current favorite songs of the week

Normally I would have posted this playlist on Friday evenings but I opted to post my list of music I listened to for the entire month of March. This week's playlist is a good mix of new and old music.

Mordacious has a new album out called Malicious. I was not expecting an album of EDM music. This is a huge 360 from the aggrotech that I am so used to hearing from him. It isn't a bad album, just weird to hear something so completely different from what I am used to hearing.

Felix Marc also recently released a new album called Substance. So far, it is no Alternative Facts. The album lacks songs that really stood out with me like Alternative Facts did. In other words, it was a bit of a let down. It does have a couple of good tracks but nothing like its predecessor. The melodies were lacking which is why I am "meh" about the music. Maybe the more I listen to it, the music will grow on me. I can only hope.

You know my head was somewhere else when I finally realized that Bella Morte released an album in 2017 (Year of the Ghost). I was totally living in a cave. On the album is a delightful cover of VNV Nation's "Further" (ironically Andy Deane toured with the band as The Rain Within last year). It is a great cover.

I was perusing Smithsonian Folkways' YouTube channel when I discovered Wu Man, a Chinese musician who plays the Pipa, a lute-like instrument from China. Go look up Wu Man on YouTube. She is quite the accomplished musician.

Songs to check out:
"Vertigo" by Felix Marc
"Old Joe Clark" by Wu Man
"Sleep" by Makthaverskan
"Further" by Bella Morte
"Feline or Famine" by Violet Indiana

Comments

Popular Posts