My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! Here is this week's playlist of my current favorite songs. It has been a fantastic week for new music. Most of the songs on the playlist are new however a few songs are a few years old or older.

Rhiannon Giddens released a new song featuring Francesco Turrisi. I really loved what I heard. Really love the drums on the song. I also pre-ordered her album she worked on with Francesco and bought a ticket for her second show at The Dakota. That was a no brainer for me. It is amazing how quickly I have become enamored with her music since the beginning of the new year.

Tamaryn has a new album out called Dreaming the Dark. I only listened to the album once but I most certainly enjoyed what I have heard. If any of my readers liked Cranekiss, I think they will like this new album.

A couple of days ago, I was recommended to check out the synthwave group Gunship. I liked what I have heard however I prefer The Rain Within. I found Gunship's music a bit repetitious at times, on the other hand most, if not all synthwave music tends to sound the same which often leads me to change to different music. That said their second album Dark All Day is my favorite of the group's two albums. My current favorite song by the group is the title track so check it out

I have been slowly putting together a playlist of international artists I have included some world music on this playlist. My favorite though is the track "Mentira" by La Dame Blanche. She is fantastic. I love her mix of EDM, dancehall/reggae, hip hop, and jazz.

Songs to check out:
"I'm On My Way Out (with Francesco Turrisi)" by Rhiannon Giddens
"Angels of Sweat" by Tamaryn
"Mentira (feat. Manteiga Batuk) by La Dame Blanche
"Dark All Day" by Gunship
"Some Kind of Love" by Dido
"In My Arms (Mental Exile Remix" by Aiboforcen
"Walking On the Moon" by Psy'Aviah

Comments

Popular Posts