What I am currently listening to

This has been an interesting week for music. Been listening to a lot of shoegaze music, a lot of of it coming out of Sweden. Apparently Sweden has a healthy post-punk scene. I really dig the sounds of Westkust, Hurula, and Makthaverskan (which features two members of Westkust).

Picked up some albums from the library this week. Haven't listened to many but two of them I have today which are the albums by Robyn and Leyla McCalla. While I do love streaming music via my tablet on Spotify, nothing really sounds as good as hearing the music on my stereo. I loved hearing Robyn and Leyla's music on my stereo.

I have to admit for a long time I was rather meh about the Honey by Robyn but now that I have listened to it again, I find the music a lot more enjoyable now. Body Talk remains to my favorite Robyn album but Honey is a solid good album.

If you haven't heard of Leyla McCalla, she is part of the new Rhiannon Giddens' project Our Native Daughters that I have mentioned on my blog numerous times. She recently released her third album The Capitalist Blues last month, while I miss hearing Leyla play the cello on the album it is nevertheless very good and worth checking out. Her second album A Day for the Hunter, A Day for the Prey is my personal favorite album from Leyla. I love listening to Leyla play the cello which is why I enjoy this album so much.

I am soooo going to pre-order the new Psy'Aviah album when it becomes available because I love the new EP for "Dream Fever". Love that song because it reminds me so much of Conjure One and Delerium (of Karma and Poem era).

My taste in music this week has been all over the place ranging from the bluesy sounds of Adias Victoria (an artist people need to hear) to the abrasive, heaviness of Hanzel und Gretyl. I really don't understand the appeal of Mitski. I tried to listen to her music but I found her stuff to be utterly dull. This is probably going to be one of many times when I will disagree with NPR (along with the dreadfulness of Weezer's recent music, they need to take a breather in between albums).

Albums:




































Playlists:






Podcasts:
Intrigued Full Effect
Alt Latino
Rolling Stone Music Now
The Vanished Podcast
Casefile: True Crime Podcast
The Unofficial Expert with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin
Good Food with Evan Kleinman
Fake the Nation
Lynx Radio
The Cheryl Reeve Show

Comments

Popular Posts