Playlist of the week

Today I spent a good chunk of my work day listening to the new Dido album Still On My Mind which came out last week.  It is so good. I listened to the album about 4 times today (including during my afternoon commute home).  I wasn't expecting the album to be really good since her last two studio albums really didn't do much for me (they were pretty meh to me). Sometime during the day, I was inspired to create a playlist combining my favorite tracks by her, with her brother's electronic act Faithless. Dido has also contributed her vocals to a few tracks on Faithless's earlier album. I didn't include any tracks from her last two albums. I just took songs from No AngelLife For Rent, and her new album, and threw in tracks she did with Faithless and some of my personal Faithless songs. I like how well the music flows together.  Dido's music really is not so different from the trip hop/house sounds of Faithless.

Songs to check out:
"Chances" (Dido)
"Life For Rent" (Dido)
"Here I Am" (Dido)
"One Step Too Far" w/Faithless
"God is a DJ" (Faithless)
"Drifting Away" (Faithless

Comments

Popular Posts