What I am currently listening to

Podcast wise, I listened to The Dropout this week in one work day. The podcast is about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. That was really interesting yet maddening at the same time that a college drop out ( with nothing to show for regarding the medical engineering) could think she could be the next Steve Jobs. If I had HBO, I would have watched the documentary but this podcast was close enough to give me an idea about this grifter. Not sure which annoyed me more her fake voice or her arrogance especially when she ignores a well known scientist at Stamford about testing blood with a single drop of blood (which is not scientifically possible).

I was listening to the latest episode of Intrigued Full Effect (a true crime podcast that focuses on the lives of black men and women, adults and children) about Keeshae Jacobs. The name was familiar to me so I googled it and realized that my favorite TC podcast The Vanished also talked about Keeshae in Episode 154: Keeshae Jacobs. What a sad story. What's worse is that Keeshae's brother was murdered after she disappeared. I feel awful for the mother who has lost both of her children.

On a more positive note, I so recommend listening to The Unofficial Expert Podcast with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin. It is the only comedic podcast I listen to. I just love these two women and their guests talking about whatever thing they are an unofficial expert in from being blonde to friendship. Hilarious stuff. I am trying to listen to less true crime podcasts with the exception of The Vanished, Casefile, and Intrigued Full Effect so to listen to The Unofficial Expert is a nice breath of fresh air from all the darkness I listen to.

Music-wise,  this past week has been a mixed bag. Got a good mix of old and new music.  Love the new Psy'Aviah and Aiboforcen EPs. When the new Psy'Aviah album is up for pre-order, I am so going to order it.

I finally got around to listen to the most recent album by The Prodigy. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the album. I haven't really enjoyed a lot of their music after Fat of the Land. It is really sad what happened with Keith (RIP).

This week I have been constructing a playlist of international music from all parts of the world for over a week now. I rediscovered the sounds of Idan Raichel who is from Tel Aviv. I first heard of Idan on a Putamayo compilation many years ago when he was still going by The Idan Raichel Project. He has a new album out which I like quite a bit.

As I have mentioned on my blog last night, Tamaryn has a new album out (finally). I love it! I would love to see her live again (saw her open up for Lush in 2016).

It took me awhile but I found the two tribute albums of Madonna's music that Cleopatra records released in the early '00s. I used to have those compilations but I sold them years ago. So glad to have found them on Spotify.

Recently I have been in a Rhiannon Giddens mood since I have pre-ordered her new album with Francesco Turrisi and bought a ticket for her 11/1 show at The Dakota.

Albums:
































Playlists:










Podcasts:
The Vanished Podcast
Good Foods with Evan Kleinman
The Dropout
Crime in Color
Intrigued Full Effect
The Unofficial Expert
Fake the Nation

Comments

Popular Posts