10 albums of 2014 that people needs to hear [so far]

Today I finally received my God Destruction and Machinista albums in the mail today. As I am listening to my new music AND enjoying them, I got to thinking about what releases from this year that people are missing out on and should hear.

01. The Luna Sequence: Fearful Shepherds Hunt Their Sheep

Fearful Shepherds Hunt Their Sheep is quickly becoming one of my most played CDs at the office and certainly is going to be ranked as one of my favorite releases of 2014. This is a fantastic album. I really like how intricate the melodies are. The hybrid sound of heavy metal, industrial, and techno music really sounds fresh to this music junkie. I have listened to all of The Luna Sequence's albums online and I definitely can say Fearful Shepherds Hunt Their Sheep is Kaia Young's strongest effort to date.

02. God Destruction: Novus Ordo Seclorum

Just started listening to the new God Destruction album. Holy fucking Hell! This album is surely going to melt people's ears. I know my ears are melting right now. This is my first GD album and I am hooked on this band. As a big fan of aggrotech music, Novus Ordo Seclorum is right up my alley.

03. Dum Dum Girls: Too True

Too True was the very first album released this year that I bought a copy after borrowing a copy from my library. This album is what made me become a fan of the Dum Dum Girls. I really love the band's mix of pop and rock. The music has a hint of retro sound not so different from The Raveonettes. Every song on the album is incredibly infectious. I think it would be really hard to not like Too True.

04. Machinista: Arizona Lights

Excellent synthpop album. Definitely a must hear and I think Machinista's music in general needs to be heard more in our music scene.

05. Mondtraume: Empty

Empty is without a shadow of a doubt my favorite synthpop album of 2014. The melodies through out the album is addicting to listen to. Damasius' vocals just gives me the warm fuzzies on the inside.

06. Mankind is Obsolete: Mobius Loop

I am fairly new fan to Mankind is Obsolete. I bought their 207 album Trapped Inside last year and quickly became a fan. If you dig the fusion of hard rock/metal and electronica music like I:Scintilla, I think people would totally get into Mankind is Obsolete.

07. Phantogram: Voices
Voices is one of the best pop albums I have heard this year.

08. Army on the Dance Floor: Many Faces of War

One of my favorite new up and coming bands I have heard this year. They made me a huge fan when I heard a couple of songs on their FB page prior to the release of their debut album.

09. Astronomique: Burning Stars Fade EP

Astronomique is one of my favorite new local bands of 2014. This spring they dropped their first release which is the Burning Stars Fade EP. The band is now working on another EP tentatively set for a fall release. I am definitely looking forward to hearing new music from this talented electro-pop band. I think they show a lot of promise.

10. Fort Wilson Riot: Trilliun

The more I see this band live, the more I love their latest album Trilliun. This is easily my favorite Minnesota album of 2014. Really great mix of electronica, pop, rock, and a touch of r and b music. I like that this band does not stick to one particular sound. 

Comments

Popular Posts