Album of the Week: Trilliun by Fort Wilson Riot

Of the local albums I have heard this year so far, by far Trilliun by Fort Wilson Riot is my personal favorite. The album is such a mix bag of electro-pop, r and b, and rock. The album is super catchy. After seeing them last week for a stripped down set for the Acoustic Campfire show at the Walker, I been listening to the album even more so than I usually do. Then last night I went down to Saint Paul for their performance at Music at Mears Park (this time with a full band). The band essentially played the new album. Every time I hear songs like "Nothing Changes (It's a Riddle)" and "Hiway", I just keep falling in love with the band's music. I love the shared vocals between of Amy Hager and Jacob Mullis. Both have really gentle/subtle vocals. Normally I am not big on brass instruments but the use of the trumpet on "Out of the Ocean" is a nice added touch to the band's sound. It isn't overwhelming as they often can be (at least to me). I decided for this week's Album of the Week, I chose Fort Wilson Riot's Trilliun. I definitely forsee this album being in my top 10/20 end of the year list.


And in case you missed seeing them via FB/Twitter, here are my pics from last night's show I went to.
goth_maven's Music at Mears Park album on Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts