Playlist of the week

Yesterday I had this sudden inspiration to create a playlist of music that I listened to in junior and senior high school. I have included some music that I would hear from my brother and friends ranging from AC/DC to Pink Floyd. I won't lie. I had some shitty taste in music like glam/hair metal (included on this playlist) prior to discovering Social Distortion and L7 but that was part of my musical background. I will not though apologize for my liking of Heart. I was obsessed with Heart when I was a freshman/sophomore in high school. My first rock concert was Heart with Cheap Trick at the Target Center. Maybe later I will create a playlist of music from my post-high school years. That was when my taste in music started to evolve and I started getting into KMFDM, Siouxsie and The Banshees, Ministry, Delerium, etc...etc... . Until then this is what my youth sounded like ;).

Songs to check out:
"Shelter" by Lone Justice
""Pretend We're Dead" by L7
"Magick Flute" by Babes in Toyland
"Ball and Chain" by Social Distortion

Comments

Popular Posts