Album of the week

For this week's Album of the Week, I decided to go back in time as well as dig deep into my CD collection. I decided to go with one of my favorite synthpop bands  Future Perfect and their debut album Dirty Little Secrets. I discovered this band on YouTube when I came across their music video for "Hunter". At the time Rebecca Owens was handling all the lead vocals when Dirty Little Secrets came out but on the group's follow up albums, the husband and wife duo now shares lead vocals.

With all the new music that has flooded the market in the last couple of years, Dirty Little Secrets has unfortunately been neglected of lately. Today I have been making up for it with a couple of listens at the office. Dirty Little Secrets is still an amazing album and does not sound dated after 9 years since its release. I like that I can hear subtle hints of Depeche Mode and OMD through out the album but overall the sound is very much current and modern. If you haven't heard of this band, let alone this album, please check them out. Dirty Little Secrets is one of my favorite synthpop albums of all time.



Comments

Popular Posts