Singles of the week

Instead of Album of the week this week, I have opted for Singles of the Week because there are a couple of singles that has gotten my undivided attention as of lately.

The first single is "Diamonds in the Snow" by All Hail the Silence, an electronic act I recently discovered. It features electronic artist BT and singer/songwriter Christian Burns. It is the first single off their upcoming album Daggers which comes out this January. I am very familiar with BT's music in the electronic music scene. I love his first two albums. It goes without saying I was surprised to see his name attached to this project which is more synthpop than the standard EDM he is so closely associated to. The song is so wonderfully dreamy with its memorable, lush melodies and swirling dance beats. Since the duo chose to use old school analog synths, they have both one foot in the past and the other in the present.  Love the 7", the remix not so much to be honest. I felt the remix ruined the integrity of the song.

The second single I am going to mention here is "Maid of Freedom" by !distain. I fell in love with this track last week and have been listening to it on a daily basis. The single is from the band's upcoming album Farewell to the Past set to be released in November. The title track captivated me from the first time I listened to it. I enjoyed the fact that the track is subdued and not the usual bouncy, club friendly track. The song is easily one of the best synthpop tracks I have heard this year.



Comments

Popular Posts