Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

I hope everyone is having a good weekend despite whatever horribleness that is going on in the news lately (and a lot of it is truly horrible). Once again this past week has been a great week for new music. Solitary Experiments, Robyn, SRSQ, and Sirenia dropped new albums, still have yet to listen to the new SRSQ and Sirenia albums.

My Promidal CD did arrive this week (with a bonus compilation of Minnesota metal music which I haven't listened to yet either). I have really been digging the new Promidal album and it has been getting lots of playtime at work and at home. I even have it blasting on my stereo as of right now. The music will make your ears bleed. It is easily their heaviest, most brutal effort to date.

Loving the new Solitary Experiments album Future Tense. The remixes are pretty good too. I find myself enjoying the album a lot more than the new VNV Nation album Noire (sorry that album is a bit on the dull side). The new Robyn album Honey is pretty solid but it is nowhere near on the level of Body Talk, my favorite Robyn album. I will certainly listen to the album more so the music grows on me but at the moment it lacks the energy of its predecessor.

With Halloween getting closer, I have been listening to quite a bit of the soundtracks to the new Halloween film as well as the original film.

Been on a huge Autumn and Birds of Chicago kick this week. I feel bad for neglecting Autumn's second album Return to the Breath (the first album I bought by the band, via Amazon after seeing them open up for Faith and the Muse almost a decade ago). For awhile, I was mixed on the album since at the time there were songs that I wasn't too fond of however as time gone on and my taste in music has changed, I really have come to warm up to and appreciate tracks like "The Knowing", "Shadow Girl", and "The Trip". As for Birds of Chicago, I really have been enjoying their music a lot. Really love hearing Allison Russell play the banjo and ukulele. The harmonies between Allison and her husband JT Nero are wonderful. Their music is honest and pure. It is refreshing to listen to after I listen to a lot of darker, heavier music. Sometimes my ears needs a break and needs to listen to something less aggressive and harsh.

I really want to like the new Funker Vogt album but I just can't. Lyrically their music is old and cheesy AF. The whole theme on war has worn out its welcome to me. There is nothing fresh or interesting about the band anymore. IMO it is time to call it the day.

Albums:


































Playlists:








Comments

Popular Posts