Album of the week

I am a major Loreena McKennitt fan. I have been a fan of her music since I was a teenager. When her latest album Lost Souls came out last year, I liked what I heard but the album quickly fell out of my radar with all the new music I heard in 2018.  I recently started listening to Lost Souls again over the weekend when I was on a Loreena McKennitt kick. The album has definitely grown on me more so now that I have been listening to the album a lot more. The album is no Book of Secrets or The Mask and Mirror due to the fact that there is no particular theme that involves the history of Celtic music, nevertheless the album is quite lovely and soothing to listen to if I am in a bad mood or just want to chill after work. Most, if not all of the tracks are songs written over the years in between albums but never found a home until now. I am glad that Loreena put an album together for these songs that could not find a home for a long time.  

Comments

Popular Posts