What I have been listening to this past week

Hope everyone is staying cool on this scorching summer day. This past week has been a great week for new music.

Local post-punk/darkwave band Echo Signal dropped their new album this past week called Killer in the Palace. I have only had the opportunity to listen to the album once but I enjoyed the music. They and the other local post-punk band The Rope released excellent new music this year.  Also love local hip hop artist Dizzy Fae's new mix tape No GMO Mixtape. Great week for local music for sure.

My current favorite album right now though is the new Mondtraume album Lovers, Sinners and Liars. It has been five years since Empty came out so I was thrilled when I finally heard it yesterday. I was not disappointed. There definitely wasn't a single song on the album I didn't like.

Also listened to some faves like Al Chile by Lila Downs (which will probably be in my top 10 best of 2019 listen because it is so damn good and I can't stop listening to it) and Ladytron's self-titled album. If you haven't heard the new Ladytron album, go listen to it. You can find it on Bandcamp (I bought my copy at the Electric Fetus the week it came out).

Not much of a blues fan but I really do like what I have heard on Keep On by Southern Avenue. Too bad I won't be able to make it to their show at The Turf Club tomorrow night. I hope they come back to the Twin Cities in the not so distant future. I dig their sound a lot.

Listened to mostly my usual podcasts but also Two Dope Queens' Phoebe Robinson's podcast So Many White Guys. She is hilarious. So far I have only listened to her interview with Jemele Hill (who also has a podcast called Jemele Hill is Unbothered which I listen to usually unless I get bored by the conversations like I did this week). Love Dateline NBC. It is my version of a soap opera. Listening to the NBC show in podcast form makes my work day go by so much quicker.

Albums:




























Playlists:








Podcasts:
The Vanished Podcast

Casefile True Crime

Dateline NBC

Aria Code

Keep It!

Around the Rim

So Many White Guys

Comments

Popular Posts