Music I listened to in the month of June

It is that time of the month when I list all the music I listened to in one month. I definitely was listening a lot to the sounds of Rhiannon Giddens, Loreena McKennitt, and Nightwish this month ;).  I finally got around to checking out Billie Ellish's debut album, all I can say is "meh". I was so not impressed. I did like her contribution to the Roma soundtrack but that is it. The hype around her is lost on me. IMO she isn't that good of a singer.

As much as it pains me to say this but I have been enjoying the Grammy Nominees 2019 album I got from the library a couple of weeks ago. It is like a mixed tape. It really pains me to say that I like the tracks by Cardi B, Maroon 5 with Cardi B, and Camilla Cabello with Young Thug. UGH! Oh well. It is what it is but I am not going to say I am embarrassed by liking their songs. So over the term "guilty pleasures". There should be no guilt to pleasures.

Bought some new music in the last few days, online I ordered the new albums by SKALD and Mondtraume, and today I went to the record store and bought the new Dido and Arch Enemy albums. Despite streaming most of my music, I do try to buy physical copies as much as possible to show my support.

Alexandre Desplat: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2
Alicia Olatuja: Intuition: Songs From the Minds of Women
All Hail the Silence: +Daggers+
Arch Enemy: Covered in Blood
Arch Enemy: War Eternal
Autumn: Chandelier

Billie Ellish: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
Birds of Chicago: Love in Wartime
Blume: Autumn Ruins
Brandi Carlile: The Story

Chamaeleon: Fear EP
Chelsea Wolfe: Unknown Rooms - A Collection of Acoustic Songs
Conjure One: Conjure One
Culture Kultur: Humanity

Dizzy Fae: No GMO Mixtape
Echo Signal: Killer in the Palace
Felix Marc: Substance
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Awesome Mixtape vol.2

Hans Zimmer: Blue Planet 2
Hans Zimmer: Dark Phoenix
Hanzel und Gretyl: Uber Alles
Heart: Live in Atlantic City

Idan Raichel: And If You Will Come to Me

James Horner: Avatar soundtrack
Japanese Breakfast: Soft Sounds From Another Planet
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: I Love Rock 'N Roll
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: Bad Reputation

Kirlian Camera: Hellfire
KMFDM: NIHIL

Ladytron: Ladytron
Lila Downs: Al Chile
Loreena McKennitt: The Mask and the Mirror
Loreena McKennitt: Book of Secrets
Loreena McKennitt: Lost Souls
Loreena McKennitt: An Ancient Muse

Mondtraume: Lovers, Sinners and Liars

Nahko: My Name is Bear
Namnambulu: Borders
Nightwish: Decades
Nightwish: Imaginaerum
Nightwish: Showtime, Storytime
Nightwish: Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Our Native Daughters: Songs of Our Native Daughters

Pale Hound: Black Friday
Peter Gabriel: So
Psalm One: Don't Get Lazy Now!
Purity Ring: Another Eternity

Rachel Portman: Chocolat
Rammstein: Rammstein
Rhiannon Giddens: Freedom Highway
Rhiannon Giddens: There is No Other (featuring Francesco Turrisi)
Rhiannon Giddens: Tomorrow is My Turn
Ruby Ibarra: Circa91

Seize: The Other Side Of Your Mind
Shura: Nothing's Real
SKALD: Vikings Chant
Southern Avenue: Keep On

Tiny Deaths: Magic
Tiny Deaths: The Magic Acoustic Sessions
T.O.Y.: Pain is Love

White Lies: Friends

Various Artists: A Strange Play: An Alfa Matrix Tribute to The Cure
Various Artists: Grammy Nominees 2019

Comments

Popular Posts