Best of 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol.1

There weren't many movies this year that I saw but my favorite film this year hands down was unexpected blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy. The soundtrack to the film was just as much fun as watching the movie. I have to admit as someone who really isn't a fan of classic rock/pop, I really love listening to this soundtrack. The music is a joy to listen to. I particularly enjoy listening to Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky", Elvin Bishop's "Fooled Around and Fell In Love", and The Runaways' "Cherry Bomb".  Thanks to the film, I even like the song Blue Swede's "Hooked On A Feeling". I used to not like the song but after listening to the soundtrack a gazillion times, I have learned to appreciate the song. What a great way to kick off the soundtrack with the opening line "Uga uga uga chucka..".  Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol.1 is the only soundtrack I have heard this year so it is safe enough to say that is my favorite soundtrack of the year. 

Comments

Popular Posts