My Top 10 Favorite [non-2014] Albums I Bought This Year

It is pretty safe enough to say that I bought a shit load of music this year, a lot of releases from this year as well as from previous years. I thought tonight I would share with my readers my favorite non-2014 albums that I bought this year.

10. Aby Wolf: Wolf Lords

I remember being at the Electric Fetus one day when the music that the store was playing caught my undivided attention. As a big fan of electropop bands like Conjure One, Delerium, Sleepthief, and Balligomingo, the music I heard struck a chord with me. I immediately asked one of the store's employees what music that was playing on the stereo. As it turns out, it was Aby Wolf's collaboration with ex-Lookbook member Grant Cutler Wolf Lords. I automatically bought that album (as well as the new Dum Dum Girls album Too True). It is a fantastic album. Very nice to chill out to after work.

09. Chelsea Wolfe

Excellent dark trip hop/electro music from California native Chelsea Wolfe. I bought this album on a whim while at the Electric Fetus earlier this year.

08. My Midnight Heart: Chest of Hearts

I saw My Midnight Heart this past summer as one of the opening acts for Tegan and Sara. For someone who isn't a fan of r&b muusic, I really dug My Midnight Heart's music.

07. Sirus: Broken Hearts Corporate Minds


06. Feathers: If All Now Here

I first came across Feathers via a blog I used to read on a regular basis before the owner decided to call it the day. I decided to check the Austin band. When I went into listening to this album, I had my doubts that the comparisons to Depeche Mode was for real. I was wrong. There were moments through out the album that made me feel like I was listening to Depeche Mode but with a woman as lead singer.

05. Foretaste: Love On Demand


04. Angel Haze: Dirty Gold

I really am not a hip hop fan but I will make an exception to artists like Angel Haze and Lizzo (as well as Lizzo's group GRRRL PRTY. I got into Angel Haze's music when I heard her single "Battle Cry" which features SIA. I thought it was a beautiful song. I ended up buying her album Dirty Gold and soon found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

03. Icona Pop: This Is...

One of my new favorite pop albums I have heard in the last few years. Found the album at the library. Loved it so much, I bought my own copy. Super catchy  music. I'll take pop artists like Icona Pop, Charli XCX and Sky Ferreira over the likes of Iggy Azalea, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry any given day.

02. Depeche Mode: Ultra


01. Dum Dum Girls: Only In Dreams

2014 was definitely all about the Dum Dum Girls for me. I saw them twice in one year and bought two albums and one EP by the band. I love Too True but Only In Dreams is my personal favorite Dum Dum Girls album.

Comments

Popular Posts