Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Today I went over to the Mall of America for a little retail therapy. One of my purchases I left the mall was Lindsey Stirling's new Christmas album Warmer in the Winter. It is a lovely album however I personally prefer the non-vocal tracks over the ones featuring singers I have no clue who the fuck they are. IMO I don't think anyone will remember Sabrina Carpenter, Becky G, Trombone Shorty, and Alex Gaskarth in 10-20 years with their mediocre vocals.

Yesterday I remembered that the darkwave  Frozen Autumn has a new album out called The Fellow Traveller which came out last month. I have only listened to it once but I certainly liked what I have heard. I am glad they finally released new music. I absolutely loved their previous album Chirality.

Speaking of new music, the live acoustic albums by Blutengel and Solar Fake came out yesterday. I really like both albums but I am particularly fond of Solar Fake's Sedated (Live and Acoustic). I wish with the Blutengel live acoustic album the band dug deeper into their catalog as opposed to using songs from the last 2-3 albums (which to me wasn't anything to write  home about).

Dug out a few albums I haven't listened to in ages like Feather's If All Now Here. I have included a youtube track. I will let it speak how good Feathers' music is.


Next year, Psy'Aviah will be releasing a new album so this morning I was listening to my favorite Psy'Aviah album The Xenogamous Endevour. I believe that was in my top five best of 2014 list.

Also been listening a lot to two of my very favorite albums of 2017 Namnambulu's Borders and The Eden House's Songs For the Broken Ones. I have listened to these albums so many times this year I have never gotten tired of listening to them. Just great albums.

Oh and I plan on posting my annual best of list sometime between now and the new year, more likely before the new year.

Albums:




















Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts