My current favorite songs of the week

I think it goes without saying that this week's playlist is pretty eclectic. I have some synthpop, darkwave, post punk, symphonic metal, and classical music. T

his week I have been listening a lot of Artesia and Nahko (both his solo album as well as his work with the musical collective Medicine for the People), and Autumn. I really hate myself not discovering Nahko sooner and missing his show at The Cabooze in October. Both his solo music and the music he makes with his band is so good. This week's playlist is a good mix of old and new music although I think there is a bit more of older songs that I have loved for years.

I didn't realize Ashbury Heights has a new song out courtesy of the latest Electrostorm compilation on Out of Line Records. I found it on Youtube last weekend. I really liked what I heard. It isn't as catchy as any of the songs off The Looking Glass Society but it is still a solid Ashbury Heights song.

I have been on a classical/darkwave kick all this week. Go check out these bands: All My Faith LostAshram, and Artesia. You can find their music on youtube and Spotify. All My Faith Lost haas a bandcamp page too (https://allmyfaithlost.bandcamp.com). I will let their music speak for these bands.

Got some local music on the mix with The RopeAutumn (US band), and Astronomique. Gotta have some music from the Twin Cities ;).

FYI...Autumn has a 20th Anniversary version (digital only) of The Hating Tree on their bandcamp page, it has a second version of "Seconds" and a never been released track (until now) called "Suffer the Wild Dogs". I definitely recommend downloading the album for that song. Don't forget to check out their new song The Fall. William Faith's remix is pretty gnarly in my book.

Comments

Popular Posts