Playlist of the week

I have so neglected my futurepop playlist for too long. I apologize to anyone who follows this playlist on Spotify. I have been so focused on other playlists that I have forgotten about this one. My bad. I have been meaning update it with some different and/or new tracks, and will try to keep it updated on a fairly regular basis.

Thanks to a synthpop related Facebook page I follow, I discovered that X-Marks the Pedwalk and T.O.Y. have put out new albums out. I had to throw a song by each of the band on my updated playlist. Their new albums Secrets and Pain is Love are absolutely fantastic. I have listened to their albums again after work. I certainly can say both albums will end up on my annual end of the year Best of list. I haven't heard much synthpop music this year to be honest (asides from Namnambulu and Felix Marc) so to hear more synthpop before the year comes to a close (not soon enough for me thank you very much).

Awhile back I came across a new track by Solitary Experiments "I Am" from the latest Electrostorm compilation on Out of Line Records. I have yet to hear a single song by SE that I didn't like.

I had to throw in the Broken Remix of "The Fall" by Autumn (US Band).  William Faith of  The Bellwether Syndicate/Faith and The Muse. Who would have thought the band's brand of darkwave could translate so well as a dance track? I was so not expecting this remix when I downloaded "The Fall" back on Halloween. Normally I do hate surprises but in this case with "The Fall (Broken Remix)", this surprise is a very good thing.

Another surprise this year I wasn't expecting was the new Grendel album . I am so used to the harsh vocals on previous albums, and was expecting more of the same on the new album Age of the Disposable Body. Much to my surprise, the vocals on Age of the Disposable Body was anything but harsh. I still like harsh EBM but after awhile the music gets repetitive so I am glad that Grendel decided to go in another direction. My current favorite track is "Flux".

I have also thrown in new tracks by Blume, Cosmic Armchair, and Kirlian Camera but I have also thrown in some old faves of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts