My current favorite songs of the week

Last night I wasn't in the best of moods hence no blog entry. Most of the songs this week consists of older tunes.

The closer it is to Christmas, I find listening to a lot of Christmas music difficult to listen to after my father passed away this year. What little I can enjoy are the Christmas albums by Lindsey Stirling and Tarja. It is difficult for me to get into the holiday spirit after the crap I went through this year. So I got a couple of songs from their albums on this week's playlist.

I have been listening a lot to my Nahko/Nahko and Medicine for the People playlist I created earlier this week. I love Nahko's solo album and the work he does with Medicine for the People. I have been finding great comfort in Nahko's music when my mood goes downhill which has been a lot lately since this is my first Christmas without my dad.

If you haven't heard the new Sixth June album Virgo Rising, you should now. I admit I have neglected the album for some time now until this week. I don't listen to a lot of coldwave music but I do with Sixth June. I discovered them either on Youtube or Bandcamp (I forgot which).  Anyways, go check them out. Their song "Call Me" is off their new album.

Now that the Covenant show in April has been announced, I have been listening to the band's music. I really want to like The Blinding Dark but I just can't. It is so dull but there are a few tracks I like on it (i.e "Dies Irae"). Just wish all the songs didn't sound the same. Nevertheless I am super excited for the Covenant show in April. Just wish it wasn't so close to my trip to Chicago and when I get back.

I don't know why I haven't listened to Visions of Atlantis before I really like what I am hearing. I started listening to VOA this week because of the members of Exit Eden sings in VOA. VOA reminds me quite a bit of Amaranthe.

I didn't realize that Solitary Experiments has a new song out (via Electrostorm 8 compilation) called "I Am". I came across it on Youtube. Absolutely love it.

I only have listened to the new album by  The Frozen Autumn a couple of times this week but I am digging it. "Tomorrow's Life" is my current favorite song.

Comments

Popular Posts