Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Spotify is goofy. Or the webpage I use to get the code to post my albums and playlists. Apparently I have posted certain albums and playlists a little too much. Go figure. I have posted links to the playlists I have been listening to this week because of that reason.

Is it February yet? I am getting way too impatient for the new Autumn album Chandelier. So I have been listening to my Autumn playlist a lot to tide me over until the album is released. In the meantime here is a great review of their single "The Fall" from regenmag.com [http://regenmag.com/reviews/autumn-the-fall-single/].

Today I came across the best of list from from Post-Punk.com (http://www.post-punk.com/post-punk-com-best-of-2017/) and added some interesting music to my Spotify account. I recently listened to one of the albums on the list which is Sally Dige's Holding On. If you haven't heard of Sally Dige, I certainly recommend checking out her music. Judging from my initial listen to the album, I liked what I had heard.

Another band I recommend checking out is A Covenant of Thorns. Never heard of them until recently via Facebook. I have been listening to their new EP Requiem quite a bit. If you like Covenant, Ultranoire, and Diary of Dreams I certainly recommend checking out A Covenant of Thorns. I have to listen to David Allen Williams' other works and hopefully I will in the next few days. I like what I have heard so far.

I recently picked up some CDs from the library this past week (Radiohead's OK Computer, Ennio Morricone's The Essential Ennio Morricone, and Chastity Brown's Silhouettes of Sirens).

I am not a huge Radiohead fan but they have put out some solid albums over the years. OK Computer is one of my favorite Radiohead albums. The music isn't easily accessible but it is a beautiful piece of work. The band's compositions (first foray into electronic music) is a far cry from their first two albums. I was listening to it this morning and the music sent chills down my spine. My favorite Radiohead track of all time is "Exit Music (For a Film)" and always will be my favorite Radiohead song. Such a haunting track.

Before listening to Radiohead, I was listening to the new Chastity Brown album. I honestly never heard her music only since I don't cover that sort of music on my blog. I didn't go into it with any expectations because I had never taken the time to listen to her music before but I honestly enjoyed listening to every single track on her new album. It is a nice mellow album to chill out to on this cold Saturday morning (when I listened to it).

Absolutely love the Ennio Morricone compilation I also got from the library this past week. His compositions are amazing.

If you haven't heard the new Ari Mason album or the band Ultranoire please listen to their music. They have been getting lots of play from me. Both artist and band are my current faves at the moment. I especially have been enjoying Ultranoire's music so much.

Albums:



















Playlists:


Random Mix I

Random Mix II

Of Moondrop Tears: My Autumn Playlist

Comments

Popular Posts