My current favorite songs

It is Friday, the weekend is finally here, and here is this week's playlist of my favorite songs of the week. Got a lot of synthpop on the playlist, a lot of old faves like Covenant's "Tour De Force" and Marsheaux's cover of "The Promise". I love When in Rome's "The Promise" but Marsheaux's version is so good. I think it is as good as the original.

While I am waiting for my copy of the new Psy'Aviah album Lightflare to arrive in mailbox, I have been listening to the Psy'Aviah playlist I created on Spotify. My current favorite song off the mix is "Deep Dark Desire" which features Kari Berg. (who sang on Ashbury Heights' Take Cair Paramour album).

Threw in a couple of tracks by Charlotte Someone (featuring Lokka). If you haven't heard of Charlotte Someone, I really do recommend checking out their music. If you like female fronted synthpop, I think people would like this band.  Their music is really good.

Earlier this week I was talking with a fan online about the time we saw Robyn at First Avenue in 2011. That got me to start listening to Body Talk for the first time in a long time. "Call Your Girlfriend' remains my favorite song off Body Talk. The lyrics are depressing but I do love the pop hooks and the dance beats. I wish she would put out a new album.

Recommended songs to check out:
"Deep Dark Desire" by Psy'Aviah (feat. Kari Berg)
"Fairytale" by T.O.Y.
"Eyes Like Volcanoes in the Night" by Charlotte Someone
"Lost Without You" by Wingtips
"The Spaces Between the Lines" by A Covenant of Thorns

Comments

Popular Posts