Playlist of the week

Due to the blizzard yesterday, I got home a little later than I would have liked to have and was just not in the mood to post a blog entry last night.

Last week, I accidentally deleted a recent synthpop playlist I had created. Since then I have been working on a new playlist and a better one as it turns out. This playlist consists of my favorite synthpop songs from 2007-2017, a decade's worth of synthpop songs. I thought creating a playlist geared towards a particular decade would make for an interesting project as well as for my blog. The playlist I have put together barely scratches the surface between those years but it does reflect my taste in music. I hope people who have come across this playlist will enjoy it as much as I am right now. Or if you don't have a Spotify playlist, just look up the songs on youtube ;).

I have a lot of the songs from the previous playlist on this new mix. What is new is an inclusion of more mainstream synthpop acts like Chvrches, Grimes, Purity Ring, and Tegan and Sara. I felt they had a right to be on the list as much as Ayria, VNV Nation, and Assemblage 23. I don't feel like it wis right to shut out more mainstream acts from this list. I also have thrown in some relatively lesser known synthpop acts that I had discovered online (i.e bandcamp) over the past few years like Pegasus Asteroid and Purple Fog Side. When I discovered Purple Fog Side a couple of years ago, I was surprised to learn how long the band has been around  for which has been 2 decades and yet not many people in the US are aware of them maybe a small handful (including myself). Of course I had to include my favorite tracks from Namnambulu and Felix Marc from their most recent albums, it was a given I would add "Return" and "Iceland" ;).

Songs I recommend checking out:
"But Not Tonight" by T.O.Y.
"Morphine" by Javelynn
"Wicked Game" by Erotic Elk
"Our Common Future" by Psy'Aviah feat. Kyoko Baertson
"Lost - Shifting Realities 2012" by Ultranoire
"Summer" by Marsheaux
"The Spaces Between the Lines" by A Covenant of Thorns

Comments

Popular Posts