Weekly Office Playlist

Well it is that time again to start getting ready for another work week. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Kanga show last night which I really wanted to but the timing of it with a death in the family (from my mom's side of the family) was not great. My anxiety shot straight to the moon at the memorial service I attended yesterday, there were so many people there (like a couple hundred people I kid you not) hence my absence. I actually felt the tightness in my chest because of my anxiety and my dislike for being around so many people I do not know. I barely could stand being in the stores when I ran some errands yesterday afternoon so I would not have been good company last night. Hope everyone had a good time last night.

Today I went over to the Electric Fetus. I was hoping to find some X-Marks the Pedwalk or T.O.Y. in the CD racks but alas I did not. I did find the new Book of Love compilation from their Sire records years so I can't say I left the store empty handed or disappointed. It is a great compilation.

I have been listening a lot to the new Psy'Aviah album Lighflare all weekend since it arrived this past Thursday. It is so good. I love both discs. I am super glad I bought the 2 CD version because the remixes are really good. There are a couple of tracks on the second disc that isn't on the first disc so I definitely recommend buying the 2 CD version. Today I was reading the credits on the album and noticed my name was listed. That was really kind and sweet of Yves to include me. I am honored.

Because of the upcoming Covenant show in April, I threw in some Covenant and Sweat Boys on to my list. I really need to listen to Sweat Boys since I have heard lots of good things about them. They are a band from La Crosse, Wisconsin who will be opening up for Covenant (well one of the opening bands).

Over the weekend, I accidentally deleted my latest synthpop playlist of my favorite songs from 2007-2017 and had to start over. I have to admit it was a blessing in a disguise and I like this playlist better than the previous one.


Other albums I adore and do recommend checking out:
Miniatures - Jessamines (such fantastic dreampop/shoegaze)
Cesium 137 - Rise to Conquer
Second Still - Second Still (really great post-punk music whose singer is reminiscent of Siouxsie Sioux)

Albums:
Psy'Aviah: Lightflare (Bonus tracks version)

Various Artists: Sounds From The Matrix 19

Autumn: The Hating Tree (20th Anniversary Version)

Charlotte Someone featuring Lokka Vox: The Last Waltz EP

Ari Mason: B-Sides

Beborn Beton: Truth

Black Nail Cabaret: Emerald City

Book of Love: The Sire Years 1985-1993

Boytronic: Jewel

Cesium 137: Rise to Conquer

Chastity Brown: Silhouette of Sirens

Covenant: Northern Light

A Covenant of Thorns: Forgotten

The Cranberries: No Need to Argue

Curve: Cuckoo

The Dark Element: The Dark Element

Diary of Dreams; Hell In Eden

Diffuzion: Winter Cities/Ice Frequencies

Egrets on Ergot: Surfeit of Gemutlich

Ennio Morricone: Red Sonja

Ginger Snap5: Against the Days

Hocio:Tiempos de Furia

IAMX: Everything is Burning (Metanoia Addendum)

Iris: Radiant

Miniatures; Jessamines

Psy'Aviah: Entertainment Industries

Sally Dige: Holding On

Second Still: Second Still

Sisters of Mercy: First and Last and Always

Solitary Experiments: Cause and Effect

Stream of Passion: Darker Days

Sweatboys: I Like to Party

T.O.Y.: White Lights

We the North: Unhealing

White Lies: To Lose My Life

X-Marks the Pedwalk: Inner Zone Journey

Playlists:
My Favorite Synthpop Songs from 2007-2017

The Best of Alfa Matrix Records

My Current Favorite Songs

Virtual Gods; My Favorite Psy'Aviah Songs

Of Moondrop Tears: My Autumn Playlist

Electropop Playlist

Marsheaux Playlist

Comments

Popular Posts