Earworm of the week

Ever since the sudden passing of The Cranberries' Dolores O'Riordan (RIP), I have been listening a lot to their first Everyone Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We? quite a bit in the past 48 hours. Tonight, their song "Linger" from the album suddenly popped into my head. It is a beautiful ballad. I really love the opening notes to the song.

Everyone Else is Doing It, So So Why Can't We? is my favorite album by the Irish rock band, I enjoyed their other albums in the coming years but this one is my personal favorite. I remember listening to it as a freshman in college with a roommate of mine. Although the band never became a favorite of mine as much say other '90s faves like Lush and Belly, I still enjoyed The Cranberries music. The unexpected passing of Dolores saddens me and is a reminder how short and precious life is especially since she was only three years older than me. RIP Dolores. Your voice will live on forever in your music.

Comments

Popular Posts