My current favorite songs of the week

It is Friday night and here is this week's playlist. Have a lot of synthpoppy goodness but I have thrown in some non-synthpop tracks. Most of the playlist features older songs but I have included some new tracks by the likes of Cesium 137, Miniatures, Charlotte Someone, Sally Dige, We the North, and Aftereffect.

I am really digging the dreampop/shoegaze sound of Miniatures. They remind me so much of Lush who has gone back into retirement after their  brief 2016 reunion tour, as well as Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, Tamaryn, and My Bloody Valentine. "To the Lake" is my current favorite song off Jessamines which was released last year. I have been really digging their latest album a lot.

Last week I came across an interesting electronic band called Black Nail Cabaret.  Certainly an interesting band to say the very least. Their music is described as "noir pop"and I would have to agree with that term. It isn't your typical pop song. It is very experimental and dark to say the very least. Although not accessible, their music is very compelling.

I recently rediscovered one of my favorite songs from high school "Shelter" by Lone Justice. The song is super catchy as hell. After all these years, the song remains a favorite of mine.

I honestly can't get enough of the new Charlotte Someone album Magnetar. I certainly recommend for my friends who love female fronted synthpop music to listen to the album. The album is also available on bandcamp to listen to for those who do not have a Spotify account [https://charlottesomeone.bandcamp.com/album/magnetar].

While listening to Spotify last week, I came across a song by the band Neo-Geo. At first I thought I was listening to Evanescence but then I looked at my tablet and saw who was singing the song "Marionette". It is a pretty damn catchy tune. Since it has been four years since the band released any music, not sure if they are still around.

I will be so glad when February is here because that is when my favorite band Autumn (US band) will drop their third album Chandelier. The wait is killing me. In the mean time, I am just playing the shit out of their new single "The Fall". I especially love William Faith's broken remix.

As of lately I have been really enjoying the sounds of We the North and Sally Dige who is also featured on this playlist.

Songs to check out:
"The Fall" (Broken Remix) by Autumn
"Unhealing" by We The North
"Veronica" by Black Nail Cabaret
"Be Gone" by Sally Dige
"Jupiter, Venus and Mars" By Charlotte Someone feat. Lokka Vox

Comments

Popular Posts