Earworm of the Week

For this week's Earworm of the Week, I had a tough choice between Kite's "Dance Again" and NamNamBulu's "Return". Both songs have been stuck in my head all this week because I had gone to the Kite concert on Sunday and have been listening to the new NamNamBulu's album Borders incessantly. Ultimately I ended up picking "Return". First of all the song has the best pop hooks I have heard in the past five years. I love the opening notes. The first time I heard the song, I immediately was hooked. And of course I can't forget about Henrik Iversen and the lyrics. The combination of Henrik's deep, warm vocals and the haunting lyrics moves me in the same way when I heard "Beloved" by VNV Nation for the very first time. I haven't heard a song that was able to do that until "Return" this past weekend. This song is the best futurepop song I have heard in a very long time, not to mention best song in general.

Comments

Popular Posts