Playlist of the Week

For the past couple of weeks I have been listening a lot to the futurepop band CHROM. I decided to create a CHROM playlist consisting of their three albums: Electroscope, Synthetic Movement, and Peak and Decay. I first heard of CHROM when I saw their video for "Loneliness" off Synthetic Movement in 2012 and quickly became a fan right then and there. I love that CHROM doesn't stay stagnant in their music and tries to push the boundaries of futurepop in their music.There are brief forays into the aggrotech territory with harsher, less polished vocals.

I have to admit their first album Electroscope is not my favorite CHROM album but I figured I should try to listen to it more often to see if the music grows on me. As a music fanatic, the first thing I look for in a song is a hook/melody. I definitely hear that on the band's second and third albums Synthetic Movement and Peak and Decay . I certainly like a few tracks off the album but those songs or rest of the album don't grab my undivided attention like their second and third albums do with me. I am sure over time I will come to appreciate Electroscope.

If you haven't listened to CHROM, do check them out.

|

Comments

Popular Posts