My Current Favorite Songs

Believe it or not, I came actually prepared for this week's playlist of my current favorite songs. LOL! Got lots of songs that I have been enjoying as of lately.  Most of the album consists of old songs (i.e 2 tracks from my Autumn (2 songs, one each from their two albums The Hating Tree and Return to Breath), Bella Koshka (a favorite local band that is no more), Stray, Blutengel, a couple of songs from Erotic Elk, Metric, and Uh Huh Her.

I have to admit I find myself enjoying the updated version of "Spilling Blood" from Daniel Graves under his Aesthetic Perfection moniker as opposed to the original version with the Necessary Response moniker.

Of course I had to include tracks from Nyxx and Solar Fake after seeing them (and AP) live almost a couple of weeks ago. "Nightmare" is the catchiest song (and my personal favorite song) on Nyxx's EP of the same title. Very poppy sounding but the song definitely has a dark electro vibe to it.

If you haven't heard the new Sixth June album Virgo Rising, you definitely need to listen to it right now. I have been listening to it quite a bit lately although not as much as the latest Amaranthe album. Right now "Knife in the Water" is my favorite song off the album.

Speaking of Amaranthe, I am probably going to end up sick and tired of listening to "Endlessly" at the rate I continue to listen to the song over and over again.

I have yet to get sick of the new White Lies album Friends. That album is so damn good. Really loving the song "Is My Love Enough?". The song is so ridiculously infectious. This is one of those good earworms to have stuck in my head.

I really want to like the new Blutengel album but it just is flat out dull so every time I try to listen to it, I end up listening to one of their older albums. That or my Blutengel Spotify playlist. "Singing Dead Men" remains my personal favorite Blutengel song of all time. I love the vocals of Chris Pohl and ex-Blutengel vocalist Constance Rudert.

As far as "new music" is concerned, I do love the new Lana Del Rey track "Love".

Comments

Popular Posts