Album of the week

I had tough time deciding which album I was going to post for tonight's blog Modern Cults by Holygram or Dirty Computer by Janelle Monae. In the end, I opted for Dirty Computer because I have been listening to it every day since last week. The music is addictive. It is a pop but at the same time not your typical pop album. It fluctuates between funk, rock, and rap not too different from the late Prince. Prince's influence on Janelle really permeates through out the entire album with its bold, vibrant, diverse sounds. Up until now, I really didn't give Janelle much thought until I decided to check out her album on Spotify last week, and I have been hooked since then. I know I am late to the party but better late than never. Dirty Computer is such a fun album to listen to.

Comments

Popular Posts