Playlist of the week

I listened to a lot of new music this year. One of my favorite discoveries of 2018 is the Chicago/Montreal band Birds of Chicago. They are a far cry from all the darkwave and synthpop music I have been listening to this year. Their music is more rooted in folk/Americana music, a genre I generally do not listen to on a regular basis but then I discovered the band on Spotify, and was hooked right away. In the sea of new music I heard this year, Birds of Chicago was an unexpected surprise, but in a good way. I love ending my day with their music. I hope I don't have to wait too long for the band to make another trip back to the Twin Cities. I couldn't make it to their show earlier this month. The timing wasn't good. 

Last week I was inspired to create a playlist of my favorite tunes by the band, I started putting together this playlist last week at work by listening to their albums, and this is the result of my week long effort.

Songs to check out:
"Love in Wartime"
"Roll Away"
"Galaxy Ballroom"
"Eastern Sky"
"Superlover"
"Sans Souci"



You can find their latest album on Bandcamp: https://birdsofchicago.bandcamp.com/

Comments

Popular Posts